Friday, December 6, 2013

Game Blog.

Games are amazing, even thought my parents don’t understand why I play games so much, games are capable of doing amazing things. Some games are created to exercise our minds, and even relieve some stress. It’s a time for us to leave reality and fall into an imaginary world and into the minds of creativity. Superbetter is a game that was created by Jane McGonigal, and playing this game will give you 10 extra years of life. Her experiments and reasoning was very good. The 5 most regrets that people have on their deathbed was very interesting. The first regret was “I wish I hadn't worked so hard” followed by “I wish I stayed in touch with my friends,” “I wish I had let my self be happier,” “I wish I had the courage to express my true self,” “I wish I had lived a life true to my dreams instead of what others expected of me,” These regrets are really deep, and none of them regretted played games. Games can bring people together, even today I keep in touch with people that I haven’t seen for a long time through games. Another interesting topic that she brought up was that fact that our avatar in games elevates our confidence and personality. The avatar can reflect how we would act in some way. Her personal story about being suicidal and despair lead her to creating a game that mend her physically and mentally. It’s amazing how a game can do this for her. Imagine if everyone took the time to play games, People may end up like McGonigal and become happier, and get a better understanding of themselves. Who knew that games can create such an impact our lives? Certainly for McGonigal it saved her life.  Games are simply amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment